We’re not saying there’s anything unromantic about your hometown of Podunkville, because romance can happen anywhere, but on the off chance you want to impress that girl with a whirlwind weekend trip for two, here are the 10 most romantic cities in the world. Counting them down.
10. London – What London offers in genuinely crappy weather it more than makes up for with beaches, churches, castles, and world class restaurants. No matter your flavor of romance, this is one of the most happening cities in the world.
9. Vienna – Spectacular drives and old world charm infiltrate this Austrian city. Take a self-guided driving tour for a romantic experience of a lifetime. Any place famous for waltzes can’t be all bad.
8. Monte Carlo – Nice weather, great beaches, legendary casinos. If it’s good enough for a James Bond movie or two, it’s good enough for you.
7. New Orleans – Having bounced back from Hurricane Katrina and dodged a bit of a mess from the BP oil spill, this unique city throws its welcoming arms wide for lovers. Carriage rides, amazing restaurants, and that Cajun/Creole culture – priceless.
6. Melbourne – Australia’s second largest city has garnered quite the reputation for food, entertainment, and certain cosmopolitan air. This “cultural capital” of the country was named one of the Top Three Most Livable cities in the World.
5. New York – The first of three American cities in the top five, New York is, well, New York, along with all that entails. You probably either love it or hate it. If the hustle and bustle of Times Square by day and Broadway nights is your thing, what are you waiting for?
4. Venice – Defying all odds, Venice has yet to sink completely and where else (except for Las Vegas) are you going to get an authentic gondola ride down majestic city streets? You won’t have to look far to find romance in this Italian wonderland.
3. Boston – Perhaps nowhere else on earth do you find this unique blend of historic and contemporary. Grab a swanky suite atop a downtown hotel and look out over the winter tableau.
2. San Francisco – Coming in at number two on our list of romantic cities of the world, the streets of San Francisco are unlike any in the world. This cultural mishmash provides natural wonders, world-class entertainment choices, and restaurants second to none. Plus we hear there’s a pretty big bridge.
1. Paris – ‘Nuff said.
Did we miss a good one? Let us know about it.
The Swank Life Team
Flickr / JA_FS