If you’re one of those guys feeling a little inadequate about your dating and pickup skills and find yourself surfing the Internet looking for tips from the plethora of “gurus” out there with products to sell, you’re probably going to feel like you’ve stumbled across a foreign language. Don’t worry. Lots of AFC’s have been where you are right now. The first trick to the trade is figuring out what the heck they’re talking about.
Here’s a quick guide to a few of the most used terms.
1. AFC (average frustrated chump) – If that’s you, sorry, that’s the term. Doesn’t mean you have to be that way forever.
2. Three Second Rule – You must approach a woman you’re interested in within this time frame or forget about it. Wait longer and you’ll over-think it or just come off as creepy.
3. Player – A guy who thinks of women as notches on his bedpost to boost his shriveled ego. Don’t even think about it. That way lies madness, young Skywalker.
4. Pick Up Artist – Someone who studies and practices how to meet, attract, and start a successful relationship with a high-value woman.
5. Group Theory – Women often go out in groups, which means that a man has to not only win the approval of his intended, but that of the whole group as well.
6. Hot Babe – C’mon. We don’t have to describe this one for you, do we?
7. Super Hot Babe – Take a hot babe and multiply her by a factor of three. Now you’re in the ballpark.
8. Male Pattern Blindness – Ever notice a guy who is clueless that a women is interested in him until she leaves and his buddy smacks him upside the head? Don’t be that guy.
9. RAFC (reformed average frustrated chump) – Used to be an AFC but has seen the light and now practices the skills and tactics that leave him overflowing with dates and phone numbers.
10. Jake Swank – Just your average real estate millionaire, modern day Renaissance Man, podcast empire builder, and guy you should listen to more often.
The Swank Life Team
Flickr / Joseph Brent